Monday, April 9, 2007

Sailor for a Day


I need to live by the water. I have already decided that when I am a "real" adult my house will have to be within hearing distance of the sounds of the crashing waves. And being in a boat comes in a close second. My dad has a canoe, and growing up and going to summer camp I loved being in a row-boat, canoe, kayak or sailboat- it didn't matter.

So that's why I think it is so cool that the Boston Sailing Center is making sailing a possibility here in our own Charles River. I had never even thought to do something like this here in Boston, assuming it must be expensive and you probably had to be a member of a club first. But on April 21 from 1-6pm, sailing trips are completely free and given by experienced sailors. This year will be the 31st year of the Free-Sailing weekend, and will feature boats ranging in length from 23 up to 40 feet. It's a nice altnernative to just going for a run alongside the Charles or a Duck Tour for sure, so take advantage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, the free sailing offered by the Boston Sailing Center is a very cool thing they do. But it's not on the Charles River, it's on Boston Harbor! Go down to Lewis Wharf and you'll see them loading boats near the Riverboat they use as a clubhouse.