Saturday, April 14, 2007

One of a Kind Bags


This one's for the girls (or the thoughtful guys shopping for us).

I wrote an article about 1154 Lill Studio in The Northeastern News back in 2005, but I want to also mention it here. The shop is located on Newbury Street, and lets you create and design your own bag. The process begins with choosing the style of your bag, which can be anything from a clutch to a tote or even a bag for your laptop. Next, you choose from the multitude of fabrics that may catch your eye, and choose what you want to go where. It's a totally hands-on process and so much fun to do, and the staff are more than helpful to help you in the overwhelming process.

Bags take a few weeks to make, and I have not stopped receiving compliments on mine that I made two years ago. People cannot believe I made it myself, which makes wearing the bags that much more special. Lill Studio is great for yourself or for your fashion forward friends, and even lets you hold bridal showers there if you'd like.

I don't know how many times I've gone shopping in the mood to buy a new bag, and none of them have everything I want. Either they are too cheesy or I find one, but my friend already has it. But when you become your own designer, you can rest assured it is one of a kind!

No comments: