Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The other Kennedy

From my blog on my spring break, you know I love JFK and anything relating to him, the Kennedys, or his wife. I'm not sure if it's because I am from Massachusetts or because the Kennedys are such a rich part of our country's history, but I feel so lucky to have the JFK library right in Boston (Dorchester, technically).

Starting this Thursday the 12th, an all new exhibit hits the library, called "Jaqueline Kennedy Entertains: The Art of the White House Dinner." If you knew me, you would know I loved watching HGTV and looking into homes as I drive by them at night, because I love seeing how other people live. In other words, I am really looking forward to this.

Tickets for students are only $8, and the library is open seven days a week. Their web site says, "the exhibit portrays Jacqueline Kennedy's distinctive and innovative approach to entertaining in the White House using the collections of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum." To me, Jackie O was the essence of class, beauty and strength, and I can't wait to see what her slice of the White House looked like. After all, it's really the women that run the house, the men just live in it :)

No comments: