Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Crash! Bam! &%#@!

I am going to be looking more into this, but according to the FreeComicDay web site, particpating stores will be offering free comic books to anyone interested in comic books. Participating Boston-area stores that will be taking part of event includes all the Newbury Comics stores. The event is scheduled for May 5.

I remember when I was young and my brother had an entire room filled with comic books. I think it is definitely a lost art, and instead of seeing people reading comic books these days, we are seeing them more and more on the big screen- which isn't a bad thing, but I would like to see a new generation of comic books come around. I think the idea of giving both children and adults the opportunity to get them for free may spark a new interest in the younger generation-always a good thing!

No comments: