Monday, April 16, 2007

A Night to Remember

I still remember it to this day. I was in fourth grade, and our teacher was telling us, her students, how all of the Olympic competitors of the past year would be coming to a nearby city to be skate.

Champions on Ice she called it, and it was music to my ears. By far, my favorite event in the Olympics was figure skating. I just loved the costumes and the music and choreography. How I wished i could spakle while performing a triple toe loop, or whatever you called it.

That day I went home full of jealously towards my teacher who had told us about her tickets to the show. After the usual complaint session to my dad, it was followed by a not-so-usual turn of events. My dad had already gotten me tickets to Champions on Ice! I coulnd't believe it! I don't know if he was already planning on telling me that day or keeping it a surprise, but I was ecstatic.

The night was memorable, and I got to see Oksana and Elivs and the girl who was the first to do a backflip on the ice. Needless to say, my dad was a hero that night and continues to this day to be. Because of this, I am telling you about Champions on Ice coming to the TD Banknorth Garden coming this Sunday, April 22nd.

Tickets start at $27, not bad for a lifetime of memories. And even know I am not as familiar with these year's skaters, just know that as long as you are a fan, it will be a night not forgotten.

No comments: