Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stop&Rent

Before this year, I hadn't rented movies too often. I tend to watch the same movies I know I like over and over again, so when I went to the movie store recently I didnt realize it cost almost $5 to rent a dvd. Granted, most rentals allow you to keep it for a few days, but I remember as a kid it was only $2.. tops!

Seems like the Stop and Shop people read my mind about thie higher rental prices. They now have these red boxes, that look very smilar to a soda vending machine, where you can rent the latest releases for only $1! I love it! It's only $1 for every night you rent, but I only need a movie for that long anyway! I mean, it's great to be able to keep videos for a week, but the reason I rent something is because I plan on watching it that day and then I'm done with it.

The "red box" kiosks take credit cards, so you just swipe your card and you're good to go. They add new movies every Tuesday, and there's no annoying membership card or anything. If nothing else, it saves time by allowing you to go food shopping without having to make an extra stop on the way home.

No comments: