Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh, Bama!

I love Boston for so many reasons, but one of my favorite memories over the past five years of living here has to be the 2002 election. Let me clarify, it did not turn out the way I would have liked (or even begged or pleaded), but the excitment of the city during such an important time in history was unforgettable.

So, although it is still early for next year's election to nail down who I am going to vote for, I like to start my scoping-out process early. That is why I was so excited to see Democratic contender Barack Obama will be coming to BU's Agganis Arena April 20th. His Web site said he is trying to reach the student population, so you must have an email address ending in .edu in order to buy a ticket. They cost $23, not bad for someone who has won the praise of Oprah and the rest of America seemingly overnight. The fundraiser only allows one ticket per email address, so get going and see what all the fuss about this Chicago native is about! See ya in '08!

No comments: