Saturday, January 27, 2007

Never let go

This weekend I'm in luck. With the Golden Globe awards last week and the Academy Awards coming up, I have been thinking movies. More specifically, I was afraid I had made the same mistake I made back in the fourth grade. With the popularity of the movie Titanic, I was invited numerous time to go see it with my friends. Unfortunately though, I always had something else to do when they asked me to go. Thinking the super-popular movie would be around forever, I never ended up seeing what my friends called at the time "the best movie ever" in the theater.

Fast forward to 2006. I was so excited to see the trailers for the movie The Departed which was magnified with all the city's publicity buzz around it. The combination of great actors with a great director made it a "must see" movie on my list since the day it came out. However, I experienced some bittnerness when once again I had waited too long and the movie had gone out of theaters.

Thankfully, the movie is currently up for Best Motion Picture of the Year for the 79th Academy Awards. This attention has spurred the Boston theaters to re-release it beginning this weekend.

I may have let Leo's big screen debut pass me by, but rest assured I am not going to let it happen again.

No comments: